Wednesday, September 2, 2009

8 Hour Comic Book Day

So, I'm doing Long Beach Comic Con the first weekend of October, and I wanted to try something new.

The second day of the con, Oct. 3rd, just happens to be the same day as "24hr Comic Day", in which small press and indie comic creators get together in one place and each tries to crank out a full comic story in 24 hours. It's a really cool concept that I only ever seem to hear about happening in Pennsylvania through my buddy Barry. If I wasn't so far away, I'd probably wind up taking the trip there to take part. But I am, so I can't.

Well, I'm thinking of honoring the incredibly fun spirit of this venture and doing it myself AT THE CONVENTION. Except, instead of 24 hours, I'll only have about 8. So, I'll be at my table, letting other people sell my wares, and spend the entire day cranking out pages for a comic book story there on the spot. Each completed page will be placed in a portfolio right there on the table and people can come by and read the story in progress.

So, the convention if October 2-4 at the Long Beach Convention Center in...well...Long Beach, CA. I'll be at my table in the artist alley plugging away at pages all day Saturday, so come by and say hi! Or just come by to see if I even come close to finishing! Either way, it'll be interesting!

I may do the same thing the following weekend at Baltimore Comic Con if it goes well/is fun.

No comments: